Friday, January 29, 2016

Week 4: Content Curator


This weeks posting is all about curation tools! Content curators are designed specifically for individuals to view what they want to view with a filter on the information. That's what I understood based off Bharati (2012) article If You Can’t Be a Creator, Then Be a Curator.  Bharati (2012) explains the overall idea of having content curation; with this individuals are provided with the most relevant information that they hold of interest.  Content curation is about quality. “ It’s not information overload. Its filter failure” a quote by Clay Shirky, caught my attention and definitely helps to explain the overall purpose of content curation.  There are many benefits of content curation, for example with this tool individuals are able to stay updated on topics of their interest, and as mentioned earlier filtering information to get rid of unnecessary and irrelevant information.

I definitely recommend everyone to visit Beth’s Blog, this blog breaks it down, simplifies how content curation is useful Content curator is involves a specific theme. Within the theme, information is rearranged, sorted and published.  This picture below is directly taken from Beth’s blog; through this visual you can see how to create a content curation. An individual would start off with a goal so a theme basically. Than pick certain topics that are relevant to the theme, find reliable sources containing applicable information. Sort and arrange the information in an organized fashion and lastly share.

In week 4, I was introduced to a Diigo, if I did not take ADED 1P32; I would of never new about this tool. Diigo is very useful and allows you to use this tool with smartphones, and tablets.  This is honestly a great tool for university students, textbooks can be expensive, electronic copies are much cheaper. With Diigo students have highlight and save what they have highlighted. Diigo is basically an electronic version of making personal notes, tags and highlighting important information on a textbook. With Diigo it is easier to find information that one is looking for rather then finding it on your own.

There are so many unique tools, that I found very useful for example, Google Alerts. My reason as to why I love Google alerts and it has great advantages because it allows me to stay updated with my social media sites. I will get notifications about anything posted online about me. You always want to be aware of such things, to prevent them from affecting ones careers and life.





This week on Feedly, I discovered another interesting post that I would like to share with you guys! Its called Vegan Chai Cheesecake with early gray sauce. This caught my attention because I LOVE DESERTS! The fact that this is vegan really caught my attention. I never new vegan deserts could be s delicious, you guys should go check out Beachwood donuts in St. Catherine’s. Its amazing then you will know why I was interested in this post!




















1 comment:

  1. Great job on your blog Raman! Your posts are engaging and insightful, and speak well to your engagement with the course material. Great use of images, white spacing and paragraphs to dress up the visual appeal of your blog.

    I'd recommend using hyperlinks to further enhance your posts. Turning "Beth's Blog" into a hyperlink to her actual blog, or linking to the item you reference from your Feedly reader would be a great application. Use the Link feature while editing your posts to accomplish this. :)

    Dave

    ReplyDelete