Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Feedly

Hello Everyone!

Additional to my Week 3 post, I would like to blog about an interesting piece that I found on my Feedly. “ The perils of poor spelling: police arrest 10 year old boy for terrorist error”. This article appeared first on Daily Genius. I was shocked when I read this, which is why I decided to share this with my fellow friends on blogger. In sum, a 10-year-old boy Muslim boy got arrested and was under investigation because he wrote down mistakenly that he lived in a terrorist house.  Due to the young boys poor spelling, he had to go through integration by the British police. Even though, the police let the child, this must have had a huge impact on the child. Children and youth are vulnerable, and in situations such as this one, can definitely traumatize and have an effect on the child.




After reading this blog, I was shocked and am so grateful for being able to rely on Feedly, for providing me with news and updates that interest me.  In my child and youth courses, we focus a lot on children in youth in global context. We examine the lives of children throughout the world and how they differ. What can we do to help promote and protect their rights of children? Children are active participants in the society and they need to be treated equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment