Thursday, January 14, 2016

Introductory Post

Hello Everyone!
           
Welcome to my blog! Before I begin, I would like to say thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Raman Thind and I am currently enrolled in ADED 1P32 Learning in a Digital Contexts. This introductory blog will provide a short insightful summary about my interest and myself. Furthermore, I will emphasize on how this course will be useful and what I hope to gain from this course within 12 weeks.
           
I am currently in my 4th year at Brock University completing my Bachelors of Arts, majoring in Child and Youth Studies. If anyone holds an interest in understanding children, you should take Child and Youth Studies into consideration. Over the course of my program, I have been able to understand the lives of children through biology, sociology, psychology, criminology, and education. Children have a strong potential and have the right to be active participants in our society. Therefore, it is essential that we understand the lives of young people. Technology has greatly advanced over the past years, and young people are intertwined with technology.

Throughout the next 12 weeks of this course, I hope to gain knowledge regarding social media and learning through a digital context. This will enhance my knowledge as to how to use these particular social media sites. I believe this is very important, we want to use social media sites such as, twitter, blogs and etc. safely.  Digital technology has a huge impact on children and youth. Since young people are so caught up in this virtual world, it is important to engage with them virtually. Technology is being implemented into the curriculum. Children from kindergarten are learning through the web.  Therefore, it is important to keep up with technology and learning through the virtual world can be a great experience.

As you can tell, I have been writing a lot of children and youth. During my free time, I love to volunteer. I volunteered at 2 different schools for 2 years. I enjoy tutoring and assisting children. Furthermore, I love shopping and getting nails done. Yes, I am a complete “ girly girl”, I enjoy travelling, but the only place I usually like to check out is the mall. I am an impulsive buyer; I instantly get drawn into stores that have sale signs up.  Alongside shopping, I really enjoy getting my nails done. During high school, I had a big phase of getting bright colours and now I stick with the basic colours such as beige, light pink, nude.

Something more interesting about it would be the fact that I love trying different ethnic foods.  I love to check out new restaurants, try different cuisines. Especially in St. Catherine’s, I have been to so many family owned restaurants, which is very nice, Frescos is amazing!


I believe this is enough about me for this weeks post!

No comments:

Post a Comment